Who are we?
There are two classes in Year 2:
The two classes are 2HW (Mrs Honeybourne and Mrs Watson) and 2T (Mr Troup). We are also joined by our teaching assistants who are Mrs Potts, Mrs Hutchinson, Mrs Baber and Mrs Percy.
This half term our RE Big Question is 'Is it possible to be kind all the time?':
We will explore:
- understanding values, identifying how you make your own choices in life.
- re-telling Bible stories that show kindness.
- how this makes Christians behave towards other people.
- how actions affect others
This half term our Geography topic is 'Our World':
We will learn about:
- our local area of Fairford Leys looking at the human and physical features.
- the UK and its capital cities
- the world's seven continents and five oceans.
- using world maps, atlases and globes to identify the United Kingdom and its countries, as well as the countries and continents.
This half term our Science topic is:
This will include:
-Learning about the different parts of a plant.
- Learning about what a plant needs to survive.
- Planning and preparing for planting vegetables.
This half term our PE topic is:
This half term our Art topic is:
This will develop our:
- use of pencils to create tone
- sketching skills
- shading skills
Our PE days are Tuesday and Wednesday. Please ensure PE kits are in on those days.
- White t-shirt/ school PE shirt or house shirt;
- Dark shorts;
- Dark joggers and sweatshirt;
Our Forest School session will take place every other week on Monday.
On these days children will be expected to come into school in appropriate clothing with their legs covered and trainers that they can get muddy.
Dates will be announced in due course.
It is important that you are hydrated so please remember to bring in a water bottle. Break time fruit is provided.
There will be one piece of homework set each week. This will change between English, Maths, Science or one area of the wider curriculum.
All homework is set on Friday and is expected back by the following Wednesday.
“You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.” Dr. Seuss.
We would like you to encourage your child to read at home every day. Please ensure that your child has their reading record in their book bag each day. Children change their book each week.
A useful website to help you find appropriate books to read is:
In Year 2, we would like all children to participate with our fun and interactive Reading Eggs programme both at home and at school. All children should be encouraged to enjoy 30 minutes of Reading Eggs at home every week, including one reading lesson. Please feel free to extend your learning for even longer! Your teacher will be able to see all of your hard work. Play games, complete puzzles, read stories, write your own stories and complete reading and spelling lessons all whilst earning awards and styling your own Reading Egg character.
You will find your login details in your green homework book. Quick, log in now to start the fun!
Curriculum content and photos: