Welcome to the Year 1 page. This Autumn Term our topic is Paddington Bear.
The children have had a great start to the year and all enjoyed being back in school and seeing their friends again.
- Please return any school reading books from Early Years.
- We will send your child home with a new book in the next couple of weeks.
- We are having to make sure the classrooms are well ventilated so please make sure that your child wears suitable layers as the weather gets colder eg. vest/tights/long sleeve t-shirts.
- There is no need for your child to bring a book bag into school.
- Please make sure that all uniform and water bottles are clearly labelled.
There are two classes in Year 1 this year:
1H (Mrs Hoaen) and 1B (Miss Blackman)
Our Teaching Assistants are:
Mrs Richardson, Mrs Robinson, Mrs Brown
On this page you will find useful information about Year 1 including: topic plans for each term, homework and photos of our learning.
Wednesday and Thursday
PE Kit: White t-shirt/ school PE shirt or house shirt; dark shorts; dark joggers and sweatshirt; trainers
Children will need to wear their PE kit into school on these days.
There will be no PE on the Wednesday or Thursday of the first week back to school.
It is important that you are hydrated so please remember to bring in a water bottle. Break time fruit is provided.
“You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.” Dr. Seuss.
We would like you to encourage your child to read at home every day. We will change your child's reading book on a Monday. Please ensure that your child has their reading record in their book bag each day. We will record in this book when we read with your child at school during a group guided reading session.
There will be one piece of homework set each week. This will change between English, Maths, Science or one area of the wider curriculum.
All homework is set on Friday and is expected back by the following Wednesday.