- The children go to Forest School on a Thursday afternoon every fortnight, unless notified otherwise by a member of EYFS staff.
Forest School Dates Autumn 1 2023:
What to wear on Forest School Days:
- Black/dark blue tracksuit bottoms or leggings
- Normal school uniform on top half - t-shirt and jumper/cardigan.
- The children keep welly boots and a waterproof or wetsuit in school to wear at Forest School, depending on the weather.
During their first visit to Forest School the learn about the rules at base camp.
Forest school rules:
- Children walk around the back and in between the spaces closest to the benches when finding a space around the fire pit. Do not walk across the middle of the fire pit.
- No lick, no pick, be careful with that stick.
- When holding a stick children put their thumb over the top, with stock pointing down by their side.
- No running with sticks.
- If the stick is taller than themselves they need a friend to help.
- Children must be able to be seen from basecamp.
- If whistle is blown stand still.
- If whistle is blown lots of times walk back to base camp straight away.