Starting Reception in 2022?
Thank you for taking the time to look at our school. Selecting a school for your child is an important decision, and as parents, whichever school you choose you need to ensure their happiness. At St Mary's C of E School, we treat each child as an individual and provide appropriate support to meet their needs.
Our dedicated staff team are committed to inspiring every child to develop a love of learning that enables them to shine as lights in the world.
Due to the current restrictions, we are unable to host our usual open events and school tours. We have instead uploaded a presentation below for you to view, and hope this will give you a flavour of what to expect if your child came to St Mary's C of E School and we will be hosting an Open Afternoon
Reception Sept 2022 Open Afternoon 14th October 2021 3:45-5:15pm
An Open Afternoon for parents/carers of children starting in Reception in September 2022 will be held on Thursday 14th October from 3:45pm – 5:15pm. There is no need to book in for this.
Conditions of the open day visit:
- At St Mary’s CE School the safety of our staff and pupils is our main priority. We have decided to hold our open afternoon subject to the following conditions.
- No one displaying COVID symptoms can attend and if you arrive with symptoms, you will not be allowed to participate unless you can show evidence of a recent negative P.C.R. test.
- Only one parent per child can attend.
- All visitors must sanitise their hands when they arrive.
- We request all adult visitors wear a face covering when touring the school unless they are medically exempt; proof of which may be asked for.
Mr Liddle, Headteacher and Ms Tennies Head of Early Years as well as other members of the early years team, will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.
The normal point of admission is into Reception Class; children normally enter the Reception Class in September of the school year in which they turn five. Our admission number for children into Reception Class is currently 60.
The Reception Classes are housed in their own building on the main school site. The children in Reception have their own outdoor area which includes a bicycle track, mud kitchen, a woodwork bench, water areas, a construction area and an outdoor reading and writing station. The children also have access to the main school where they can visit the library and have PE lessons in the Hall. The children are also able to access the school field for sports and the Forest School site.
If you have any questions about joining St Mary's C of E School, please contact the school office via the form below.